Confessions of a Quackbuster

This blog deals with healthcare consumer protection, and is therefore about quackery, healthfraud, chiropractic, and other forms of so-Called "Alternative" Medicine (sCAM).

Saturday, July 09, 2005

Tahitian Noni Juice scam

I get plenty of spam every day, and a lot of it is for worthless and often dangerous products. Many of them promote pure quackery. Well, today was no exception, but this time the emails (two within 15 minutes!) were very personal and included a picture of a lovely lady. She wants to sell me Tahitian Noni Juice! Apparently she didn't know who she was dealing with. The title of this blog, and the links at the bottom of my mail give some indication. She asked for my opinion, and here it is for all the world to read.

Let me make it clear that I don't think this woman has been knowingly deceiving people, but she is still a deluded person caught up in a scam.

Now that she has received my mail, read this blog entry, and responded, she can't claim to not have been warned. If she now persists in her sales of this product, her legal and moral liability will be increased because of her willful ignorance in the face of the warnings she has received, and the abundant evidence that this scam is a well known one.

She can no longer claim ignorance!

If anyone wants to try to stop her, just use this blog entry as part of the evidence.


Here's her first mail, my short reply, and her second mail after reading this blog entry:


----- Original Message -----
From: "Ольга"
To:
Sent: Saturday, July 09, 2005 5:39 PM
Subject: noni


Dear Mr.

I live in Europe and work in the American Company Tahitian Noni International. It works in 73 countries. The main product of our Company is a noni juice for the health improvement. It’s really a unique product. I would like to submit for your consideration information about noni and I would very much appreciate if you express your opinion on this issue.

http://www.ryze.com/go/Olgas
www.tahitiannoni.com

I am looking forward to hearing from you. Yours sincerely, Olga




Her name is Olga Martyniouk



My reply:

Dear Olga,

Tahitian Noni juice is being marketed in such a way as to qualify it as a quack product. The claims being made are outrageous, unethical, illegal lies. Period. Get out of this dishonest business!

More information:
"Tahitian Noni juice" quackery

"noni juice scam"


You can read about yourself here:

Tahitian Noni Juice scam


Regards,

Sitemaster


Well, she has read this blog entry and replied. Needless to say, I won't be wasting more time with her (although I'll keep you posted if she persists):


Hello

Thank you very much for the reply!

Without any doubts you are real gentleman!

I must note that I’ve never met in my life such amiable person.

I hope that a God and my Angel will protect me from such people in future.

I don’t know exactly your profession, I think you are a doctor.

You decided that you are a God, because as I understood you know the answers to all questions.

Maybe one day you understand that you don’t have the right to insult other people.

I never talk on this theme with the other people, but at this moment I want to say the following.

Three years ago my mother dead. This great pain and sorrow will be with me for all my life. She dead from a difficult heart disease. I hate all doctors and I will always hate them. My mother took several kinds of tablets every day in order to treat the heart and as a result she injured the stomach and liver and last months she could not eat.

I live with my farther. Last years he has very high blood pressure. When I became a member of TNI he began to drink noni. In the past he took tablets every morning. At present he doesn’t use tablets at all, he uses only noni. He is not very healthy yet and he can’t live without noni. But he can live without tablets. How do you think what’s attitude can I have to noni.

I want to express my sincere gratitude to several prominent American doctors who made it possible for me to drink noni.

We have Certificate of the European Union. I think you don’t know what does it mean to get Certificate of the EU.


I think I did not write to K*** Y********, but he wrote me that I indicated a wrong information concerning the number of countries where TNI works (73 countries). Please give him my best regards. I am very grateful to him, I over counted the countries. TNI already works in 76 countries. A year ago it worked in 73 countries.

http://www.tahitiannoni.com/select_country.html

Certainly I also can write you a lot of abuses. However I am sure that I’ve read in my life much more books than you. And for this reason I wish you and all your friends a lot of happiness and success in all your endeavors.

Kind regards,

Olga